Market listing Rules
Market listing Rules
It is Ekobridge’s mission to inspire Christians worldwide to engage the market place, including trading activities such as selling and buying because we believe these simple transactions, underpinned by Christian values in how we go about transacting with one another and the wider human populace, can create all sorts of possibilities for the Body of Christ.
To that end, Ekobridge moderates posts in the community market. Our listing rules are designed to protect the integrity of the marketplace, and to create an enjoyable, effective and inspirational environment to buy and sell. As a seller, it is important that you abide by the listing rules as we aim to create an inspired and engaged community.
Listings that do not comply with the listing rules will be removed from our platform. Users who violate these rules may also be subject to a range of enforcement actions, from restrictions to a permanent suspension from the platform.
- Don’t post prohibited products/services, counterfeits or infringing content
Whereas we respect other personal views an individual is entitled to hold, we are a Christian community, hence, content that seek to undermine our faith in Christ Jesus or directly/indirectly encourages actions in any way, shape or form contrary to the Word of God as contained in the Bible is prohibited. People of all ages use Ekobridge, so let’s keep it clean and safe. Dangerous, inappropriate, or illegal products are prohibited from our marketplace.
At Ekobridge, we also respect the intellectual property rights of others. Any content that infringe on copyrights will be removed from the platform. Please ensure that you are the rightful owner of all images and content used. You are also responsible for ensuring the authenticity of all products posted under your account.
- Don’t post duplicates
Help us foster a fair marketplace, and keep browsing enjoyable and relevant for everyone by listing each product or service only once.
Listing the same product under different districts, towns, villages, cities in the same country and/or under other accounts are considered duplicate listings.
- Use relevant keywords
Use only relevant and accurate keywords to describe your products/services to create a better browsing experience for all users.
Please refrain from adding keywords that are irrelevant or in large quantities as this would affect the relevancy of buyer's search results.
- Don’t direct users out of the Ekobridge platform
You may embed links to the product’s information on the internet and promote your Ekobridge listings. You cannot link to other e-commerce or classified platforms.
- Purely-promotional listings without an intention to sell are not allowed
Ekobridge is a marketplace where people come to buy or sell products and services. Every listing for sale should advertise a specific product or service. Here are examples of listings that are not allowed on Ekobridge:
- the main purpose of the listing is to promote your brand or your company and not to sell any specific product or service
- mentioning all products for sale without describing any of the products in specific details
- ‘like for like’ listings
- Use only 1 account for all your transaction purposes
We encourage every Ekobridge member to maintain one account on the platform. This improves the trust in the community and helps you to be more successful in selling. With longer time on the platform and more positive reviews, it builds trust and confidence from buyers.
- Price your listing correctly
The price set on your listing should reflect the price you are willing to sell the product at. Displaying a fake or unreasonable price on your listing is not allowed.
- Use photos that accurately showcase your product or service
The image(s) displayed on your listing must be representative of the product or service you are advertising. You are encouraged to take actual photos of the product or service.
Do take photos of any defects/ damages of the product so that buyers are fully aware of what they're buying. This helps to build trust with potential buyers, manage expectations on both sides and results in faster and more efficient transactions. Avoid uploading low quality or low-resolution images.
The following images are not allowed on Ekobridge:
- Downloaded from the internet (unless the owner has given you permission)
- Images uploaded by other users (unless the user has given you permission)
- Contains content considered to be offensive or provocative in nature, for example, models wearing intimate products such as lingerie and undergarments.
- Give your listings a succinct title
Titles should describe the product or service provided clearly, including basic details about the product advertised. For example, the condition, size, etc. They should not include phone numbers, price, links, and irrelevant keywords
- Be detailed and accurate in your listing description
Listing descriptions are important in providing key details about your product and/or services. You are encouraged to provide a complete and accurate description. For products, do specify the condition of the product, such as if the product has any defects or flaws. For services, do specify the type of service in details and your terms and conditions. This helps you to build trust with potential buyers, save your time from answering common questions from buyers, and enable faster and more efficient transactions.
- Don’t name and shame
Listings must not be defamatory or contain any content that is offensive or harassing in nature. It must also not contain any personal information about another individual.
- Don’t post irrelevant listings into Ekobridge Groups
Listing irrelevant listings into Ekobridge Groups is not allowed. Please ensure that your listing is both relevant and compliant with the rules of the Group that you are listing in. (e.g. Do not put a clothing listing in the British Snacks Lovers Group). We will take enforcement action on users spamming or abusing the Ekobridge Groups.
- Listing of Prohibited Content
Before listing, do take note of the content that is prohibited and restricted here at Ekobridge.
There are certain items or services that are not allowed on Ekobridge at all. They may not necessarily be illegal, however, they do not fit our selling criteria, and aren't in the spirit of Ekobridge. These include:
- Alcohol, Drugs & Tobacco
- E-Vaporizers (E-Cigarettes) and related products
- Tobacco products and other smokeable products
- Items that resemble smoking products or promote smoking
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Adult & Mature Content
- Pornography and adult material including, but not limited to, pornographic books, magazines, pictures and videos
- Adult toys, sexual wellness and enhancement products
- Adult industry services and jobs, including escort services
- Nudity and sexually-oriented material
- Used undergarments and intimate items
- Animals & Animal Products
- Live animals and insects
- Items made from endangered/exotic animals
- Human beings, human remains and body parts
- Counterfeit & Replica Items
- Counterfeit items
- Items that infringe copyright laws including, but not limited to, unauthorized sales of eBooks
- Knives, Swords and Hand Weapons, unless used for non-lethal sports or display/dress-up purposes
- Firearms, Imitation Firearms, Ammunition and Explosives, unless determined to be toy weapons/ammunition or used for sporting purposes
- Others (e.g. Tasers)
- Illegal Items or Encouraging Illegal Activity
- Stolen or illegal goods
- Items or listings that promote, support or seek to engage users in illegal activity
- Medical & Healthcare Items
- Health supplements
- Prescription drugs and medical devices
- Contact lenses and other optometry products
- Medicine, medicinal instruments and items with objectionable medical claims
- Injectable health or cosmetic substances
- Offensive Materials
- Content that promotes, supports or glorifies acts of violence
- Content that seeks to shame others and/or reveal personal information of others
- Content that promotes, supports or glorifies hatred and seeks to discriminate and/or demean on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, disability or sexual orientation
- Recalled items
- Moneylender services
- Listings promoting Multi-Level-Marketing programs, Get-Rich-Quick schemes, pyramid selling schemes, gambling and Commission-only schemes